Welcome to the OCISD Health page. Our goal at Ore City is to provide the best care for our students and staff, which includes a high-quality comprehensive school health program that ensures healthy bodies and minds. Please view the attachments below for information on various health topics. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 903-968-3300 ext. 3219.
Mindy Hamilton, RN, BSN, OCISD District Nurse
Immunization Requirements for 2016-2017: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/school-requirements.aspx
REMEMBER, the best way to fight FLU is to get the FLU SHOT! For more information about flu and the flu shot, visit: http://www.texasflu.org/
A parental guide to substance abuse and a teen bullying guide:
How is Ore City ISD protecting against flu and other viruses?
- OCISD is educating our staff and students on healthy practices, such as hand washing, use of hand sanitizers, and proper cough etiquette
- OCISD’s maintenance department is working diligently to sanitize any surfaces that staff and students come in contact with
- OCISD’s school nurses and administration are monitoring the CDC and Texas Department of State Health Services websites for updates and any new directives concerning the Enterovirus 68, Ebola cases, and flu outbreaks
How can YOU protect against the flu and other viruses?
- Stay home if you have a fever
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing; cough into your elbow or sleeve
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
For further information visit these websites:
CDC website: www.cdc.gov
Ebola information: www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola
Flu information: www.cdc.gov/flu/
Zika Virus information: https://www.cdc.gov/zika/
A PDF Reader is required to view PDF documents. If you do not have one installed, you may download the FREE Adobe Reader here.
A Powerpoint Viewer is required to view PowerPoint documents. If you do not have one installed, you may download the FREE PowerPoint Viewer here.